New Home Builds
Learning who's who on your building team and understand what each highly trained professional will do to help build your new home can be a challenge. Knowing how to best work with each member of the building team and be ready for choices you'll make can also be overwhelming. Your Home Team can help in this difficult process. We have years of experience and a wealth of knowledge to help you during this time.
15 Questions to Ask When Selecting a Home Builder
Selecting the right builder is a key step in the journey that leads to your dream home.
Asking builders the 15 questions below will help you choose the right builder to create your new home — and give you confidence in your choice.
Because building your home will be one of the largest investments that you make, it’s natural that you want to find the right fit for your project. Most people want to have an outlined, step-by-step guide of the build process. They also want promises and guarantees in writing of important things, such as total cost and timeline. Other answers people want are related to building materials, procedure to fix errors and previous projects or references.
These questions will also help you better understand key steps in the building process and the decisions you’ll make, in partnership with the builder, to bring your new home to life.
1. How many years have you been in business? How many homes have you built?
2. Are you licensed (where required) and insured?
3. How do you compare yourself to other builders? What are the most important benefits of the homes you build?
4. What type of warranty do you offer?
5. Can you give me references from prior home buyers? Do you build model homes I can tour? If not, can you help me make an appointment to see a home you built for another customer?
6. What are the major energy-saving features of homes you build?
7. Do you build only from home plans you supply? Or can I provide my own set of plans?
8. What standard features do your homes include? What options and upgrades can I select?
9. Who will oversee the construction of my home? Who should I contact with any questions I may have?
10. How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
11. How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
12. How often (and when) will I have access to the home during the building process?
13. How long will my home take to complete?
14. Does the community have a homeowners association (HOA) and/or an Architectural Review Committee? If so, may I get a copy of their rules and the amount of any fees?
15. What's your process for inspection at key points of construction, at final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
There may be other important questions you wish to ask, we can help in that process! Click here to contact us!